Oh yea my dogs love this holiday present. We however stored this is the refrigerator. It got to the point that every time one of us open the refrigerator door they would be sitting up to get their reward!!! LOL Got to go to the store now to get the ingredients..
4 cups carob chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts or chopped walnuts
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In a bowl, melt the carob chips in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir them with a wooden spoon, then microwave for 30 seconds more.
2. Stir in the peanut butter and microwave for another 15 seconds. Stir the ingredients again to combine.
3. Add the nuts and the cinnamon, then stir the mixture to coat the nuts.
4. Line an edged cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the mixture onto the foil and chill it for 15 minutes in the freezer or 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
5. Remove the bark and break it into roughly 1- by 2-inch pieces. Store it in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 70 pieces.
Milk Bone Dog Biscuits
Oh they loved these too!
* 3/4 cup hot water
* 1/3 cup margarine
* 1/2 cup powdered milk
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 egg, beaten
* 3 cups whole wheat flour
* Variation: increase margarine to 1/2 cup and add 2 teaspoons sugar
In large bowl pour hot water over the margarine. Stir in powdered milk, salt, and egg. Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time. Knead for a few minutes to form stiff dough. Pat or roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into bone shapes. Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes. Cool. They will dry out quite hard.
Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits
Ok these where strange they where way to soft to roll out. I added more flour; I added wheat flour and still made them into "cookies" because it was to soft to roll out. They smelled just like peanut butter cookies while baking, they are softer treats but the dogs loved them any way!
* 1 ½ cups water
* ½ cup oil
* 2 eggs
* 3 tablespoons peanut butter
* 2 tsp. vanilla
* 2 cups flour
* ½ cup cornmeal
* ½ cup oats
Blend wet ingredients together. Whisk dry ingredients together and mix into wet mixture to form a ball of dough. Roll out and shape. Put onto a non-stick cookie tray or lightly greased one. Cook 20 minutes at 400 F. Turn off oven and allow the biscuits to cool in oven until crisp and hard. Store in airtight container.